International Western Union
You aren't logged in. For some members, you must be logged in to see special sections. Log in to view them, as this message will soon get annoying.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You aren't logged in. For some members, you must be logged in to see special sections. Log in to view them, as this message will soon get annoying.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sectretary(ies) of Recruitment

3 posters

Go down

Sectretary(ies) of Recruitment Empty Sectretary(ies) of Recruitment

Post by GROSS Independency August 16th 2013, 6:11 pm

This topic is dedicated to the discussion of the secretary(ies) of recruitment.
GROSS Independency
GROSS Independency

Back to top Go down

Sectretary(ies) of Recruitment Empty Re: Sectretary(ies) of Recruitment

Post by GROSS Independency September 5th 2013, 8:27 pm

Ok, the only question we really need to answer here is how many recruitment secretaries we need.

I would normally say one, to make sure we aren't receiving any agents or puppets from other regions, but now that we are so large, that's going to be impractical to enforce. So I think we should go with two or three.. what are your opinions?
GROSS Independency
GROSS Independency

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 5th 2013, 8:39 pm

I, for one, know that recruiting takes a lot of time and work. And it can be rather disappointing when not very many nations are recruited. So I suggest that we create a recruitment team. Maybe of three or four nations, and then not individually, but as a whole, are required to meet a certain quota of nations per week. I'm not sure if I will be returning as secretary of recruitment in the next term, but I would like to be assured that we will have a devoted, active group of recruiters that will volunteer to help out. I don't think this is a position that nations need to be nominated or selected for initially, but I think volunteer nations that promise to actively recruit should be given a spot on the recruitment team.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vizindolf September 5th 2013, 11:27 pm

I agree with Rachara's idea to have a recruitment team. However, I would still like to see at least the sec. of recruitment elected. Perhaps then he/she can ask for volunteers as needed...
Vizindolf
Vizindolf
IWU Consuls
IWU Consuls

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 5th 2013, 11:33 pm

Yeah, I think that's a good idea. Then if there were to be a team, the secretary of recruitment could at least be the head of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by GROSS Independency September 6th 2013, 12:38 am

I like the idea of a recruitment team. I think we should try to have members of the team inform the secretary of which incoming nations they are responsible for.
GROSS Independency
GROSS Independency

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatito September 6th 2013, 5:09 pm

I think that it should work like this:
The head executives and the justices will decide who will hold the position. There should be six people on the team. There will be an election held among them, and the top three people with the most votes automatically get the position. Then, each of the elected people will appoint another person to be on the team, thus totaling up to six.
If the justices and executives only elect two people, then they will appoint two people, instead of one.
If a single person is elected, then he/she will fill in the other spots at their own will.

Also, the recruiters should be divided up among the recruit-able regions. (Like one person for each of the feeders), and the remaining person of the six will be in charge of updating the message, and keeping tally of which ones work, and which ones don't.
Gatito
Gatito

Back to top Go down

Post by GROSS Independency September 6th 2013, 11:55 pm

I like your idea, Gatito, but I think we should modify it a bit.

First, we should decrease the number to 5 total: four team members and the head. The only other change I would implement is that we should leave the recruitment team as a fully elected position; I think we should use referenda for it as we have in the past.
I would also like to add the wisdom that we should focus recruitment not only on the feeders, but also the sinkers. They are highly valuable places to draw experienced immigrants from.

What are everyone's opinions on these plans?
GROSS Independency
GROSS Independency

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatito September 7th 2013, 2:46 pm

Hmmm...I am kind of wary about grumpy veterans coming back to the game and into the sinkers.
But I do like the regerenda idea, though.
Gatito
Gatito

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 7th 2013, 4:04 pm

Trust me Gatito, you definitely want to focus on the sinkers, too. That's where all the good, experienced nations come from. I'd say if Abacathea still were to donate his TG stamps to recruitment, it should definitely be to one of the sinkers. It's hard to recruit from the feeders, because you get a lot of gag nations like "Poopland" or something being created, while with the sinkers, they've stuck around long enough and haven't gotten into trouble for immature play and almost all that are refounded are worthy of a recruitment TG.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatito September 7th 2013, 5:25 pm

Good point.

Well, anyway, back to the main discussion, I think that GROSS's idea is a good one, with four recruiters, and one secretary to oversee the process.
Gatito
Gatito

Back to top Go down

Post by GROSS Independency September 7th 2013, 5:36 pm

All right. Since we don't have another system yet other than the one we have now, does everyone like my modified version of Gatito's idea?

If you do not and you don't like the current system, please post what your idea is and we will organize another vote.
GROSS Independency
GROSS Independency

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatito September 8th 2013, 10:31 am

I like it...obviously.
Gatito
Gatito

Back to top Go down

Post by Vizindolf September 8th 2013, 3:32 pm

I agree with everything GROSS said except for the referendum vote for each of the members. I say that we elect the head, and the head can then appoint the other members as he sees fit. It gives the head the ability to choose people he can work with and it allows for expedited elections.
Vizindolf
Vizindolf
IWU Consuls
IWU Consuls

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 8th 2013, 3:55 pm

Yes, I believe that we should elect the head, and then the head choose the other members of the recruitment team. Honestly, it really doesn't matter who they choose, as long as the job gets done.
Even though I will probably not be running for Secretary of Recruitment again, I'd love to have permission to set some ground-rules for recruitment and give some tips that are necessary for the success of our future recruitment program to our future recruitment team.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatito September 8th 2013, 8:31 pm

The referendum might take a while.
Like Rachara said, we can't be too picky about who's on the team, since its a pretty informal position.
Gatito
Gatito

Back to top Go down

Post by GROSS Independency September 8th 2013, 8:54 pm

I like Vizindolf's idea.

Also, do you guys think we should set a minimum recruitment number for the team? Like, say, 10 nations a month or so?
GROSS Independency
GROSS Independency

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 8th 2013, 11:02 pm

Yeah...maybe like, a three-nations-per-week deal or something. That way we at least have a little bit to work with for the Rookie of the Week award.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vizindolf September 8th 2013, 11:17 pm

I also agree, though I believe GROSS and Rachara should decide upon the number because they have both been heavily involved in the recruitment process and know what would be reasonable to expect.
Vizindolf
Vizindolf
IWU Consuls
IWU Consuls

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 8th 2013, 11:24 pm

What do you think, GROSS? With a recruitment team, I believe they should be able to accomplish quite a lot...so I still stand with my opinion of a minimum of 3 per week, or possibly more than that. Because the number of nations that CTE will be larger than the influx of nations, otherwise.

Back to top Go down

Post by GROSS Independency September 8th 2013, 11:25 pm

Three a week is very reasonable, especially for a team of 5 people. Even a single secretary of recruitment could handle 3 a DAY if he or she was responsible. But, since we can't really count on them to be that active and we don't want to be firing officials left and right, I'd say three a week is a good figure.
GROSS Independency
GROSS Independency

Back to top Go down

Post by GROSS Independency September 9th 2013, 6:42 pm

I think we're set on three per week. So here's the plan so far:

The Recruitment Team will consist of five members. One will be elected normally during the referenda elections; this will be the head, and he or she will pick four others after elections to fill the team. The recruitment team will be required to recruit a minimum of three nations every week of the government term.

Now, one last thing we should decide: how should they be organized? We want to make sure the team isn't sending out telegrams to the same group of people. I say the head should divide the feeder and sinker regions up among himself/herself and the rest of the team. That way, the team members can get on and recruit whenever they have free time, instead of having to wait for their own recruiting period.
GROSS Independency
GROSS Independency

Back to top Go down

Post by Vizindolf September 10th 2013, 12:08 pm

I agree with GROSS, though again this issue may be better decided by those more involved in recruitment affairs than I.
Vizindolf
Vizindolf
IWU Consuls
IWU Consuls

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatito September 10th 2013, 5:10 pm

Seems like a good plan.
Gatito
Gatito

Back to top Go down

Post by GROSS Independency September 13th 2013, 10:40 pm

Ok, since nobody else has replied, we'll go ahead with the plan I posted above.

Now we'll move on to the next topic. We're getting close to finishing up.
GROSS Independency
GROSS Independency

Back to top Go down

Post by GROSS Independency October 9th 2013, 2:05 pm

Guys, we have one last thing I feel we should cover on this.

When I was secretary of recruitment--I do not know if Rachara did this--but any nation that entered the region whom I didn't invite, I asked them if they were a puppet (and if so, of whom) or if they were invited by someone else in the region.

The reason for this was to make sure we knew who was entering the region. It is important in the current system to prevent puppets from seizing government power as well as to prevent infiltration. As a result, doing this is beneficial even now.

Adding on, however, if the IWU votes to support the defense organization I recently mentioned, it will have possible risk from infiltration by raiders. To ensure that we have a check over this, here is what I propose:

As already planned, recruitment will be divided up between five people. What I propose is that each of the four subordinate members will telegram the team leader when someone they recruited arrives in the region. This way, if an unknown nation arrives, the team leader will know it was not recruited by anyone and could report it to IWU authorities to deal with the problem.

To actually deal with the problem, the delegate would telegram the unknown nation stating that for security purposes, the delegate needs to know if the nation is a puppet, and if so, of whom, or if the nation was invited by somebody else. If the nation provides and answer (for example, I am a puppet of Nation1), the delegate will telegram Nation1 to verify the answer. If the unknown nation is active and does not provide any answer to the questions, the nation will be ejected. Before you consider this harsh, keep the following things in mind: first, how would a nation simply "find" the IWU and join it? Second, since the nation would have searched the IWU out, why would it have searched us out to come on good terms? And third, if it was politely and reasonably asked for the answers requested, why would it bother to simply ignore them if it was not on bad terms?
GROSS Independency
GROSS Independency

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down