International Western Union
You aren't logged in. For some members, you must be logged in to see special sections. Log in to view them, as this message will soon get annoying.

Ask the President

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ask the President

Post by Vizindolf on April 7th 2013, 8:07 pm

International Western Union Members,

I would like to make this topic a place for nations to voice their concerns and questions regarding anything IWU or NationStates.In order for me to represent you to the best of my ability, I may also periodically ask you questions. In addition to that, I will be posting semi-regular updates about what is going on in the government as well.

Together, let us make the IWU the greatest region on NationStates!

Best Wishes,

Vizindolf
Vizindolf
IWU Consuls
IWU Consuls

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ask the President

Post by Vizindolf on April 7th 2013, 8:28 pm

Update #1: 4/7/13

IWU Members,

Right now we are still in the midst of our election cycle. Currently, we are nominating nations to fill the open Intelligence Group positions. Anyone who is nominated and accepts said nomination will be appointed to the group. After we are finished with that, we will move on to the election for Official Chairman (OC), the official who counts votes. I need not say more about how important this position is. After we are done with the OC, we will begin nominations for the IWURC, our regional congress.

In other news, the IWU has recently destroyed all of the zombies which were thrown at it during this years April Fools event. Our region was among the best, getting rid of the zombies quickly with the fewest casualties. Below is a chart showing just how well we did:

That is all for this update, and please, do not hesitate to ask questions if you have any!

Best Wishes,

Vizindolf
Vizindolf
IWU Consuls
IWU Consuls

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vizindolf on May 2nd 2013, 12:14 am

Update #2: 5/1/13

IWU Members,

Recently our great region has been experiencing a little chaos. Some of our government members are inactive, our regional population is rapidly declining, and to top it off many of those who remain are not participating very often.
In response to the declining activity level, I posted this message on the RMB:

@Everyone: Now I am going to attempt to tackle our biggest problem, regional activity. And because I do not like to list problems without possible solutions, I will include those too. Please comment with your approval/disapproval.

I have three ways to deal with this. First, I think that our role-play area needs to be used more. Recently, we have done the "Happy Cat War", but it has since sputtered out. In order to keep the RP's active, the author of the RP should list rules stating how it is to be played, the time period, if animal super-soldiers are allowed etc. Another way our RP's can be kept active is through forum membership. I do not believe that enough of our nations are signed up on the forum, where the RP's are held. This may be leading to depressed activity.

Secondly, we must have a very simple way for new nations to see what the IWU is all about. We do have a topic on the forum for tips to help new nations, but I do not believe it is enough. We should have a page that lists all of the important information (Constitution, rules, tips, ways to get involved etc) in one concise document. I would be happy to nominate myself for this task. Once I am finished, I will ask Kialga to post a link to it in the Factbook so that it is readily available.My last idea to increase involvement takes place on the RMB. I find that when a nation asks a question, many people respond and we have a great discussion. With this in mind, I would like to post a question every day that I am able to the RMB for discussion purposes. It can be anything from a favorite movie to what people think about a certain school subject. I believe that this will increase RMB activity and help us to grow closer as a region, which is one of my cardinal goals. I now ask that all of you take your time when reviewing this and post your concerns, suggestions, and comments below. Thank you all for your time.Vizindolf

I have gotten support for most of what I have said here except for the "question of the day". The rest, though, I will be putting into action soon.

Now I wish to move on to a more positive note. One of our more active nations, Rocopurr, has come up with a fantastic idea to increase our recruitment efforts. A link to his/her full proposal can be found below and is something that I ask all of our nations to consider participating in.
http://interwesternunion.forumotion.com/t74-roco-s-recruitment-team

I also would like to update everyone on the ongoing elections. We have finished our IWURC elections and will be moving on soon to Official Chairman, WA Delegate, and Secretary of Recruitment. I ask that everyone participate in these important elections so that we can get through them as swiftly as possible.

Lastly, I wish to publicly thank the great nation of Aardenland for his/her tremendous efforts during our little crisis. Aardenland has constantly attempted to keep our government going, even when other members (including myself) became rather complacent and inactive. A huge thank you to him/her and know that your actions will not be overlooked. I also would like to thank all of the other nations who worked behind the scenes. We as a region owe you a great debt.

That is all I have this time. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask myself or any other official you deem appropriate.

Best Wishes,

Vizindolf

Vizindolf
IWU Consuls
IWU Consuls

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top