International Western Union
You aren't logged in. For some members, you must be logged in to see special sections. Log in to view them, as this message will soon get annoying.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You aren't logged in. For some members, you must be logged in to see special sections. Log in to view them, as this message will soon get annoying.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The "Real" War Brainstorm

5 posters

Go down

The "Real" War Brainstorm Empty The "Real" War Brainstorm

Post by Pharthan August 31st 2013, 12:42 am

The "Real" War
Community Brainstorm

Likely, such a war would be hypothetical (Or, Non-canon to IWU), or could very well be canon.

I have a few ideas to present, to see what sort of support I can garner and to see who would be interested:

1. International Western Union Region War:

• Unlikely, as this goes against IWU ideals.
  • Multiple Nations in a Massive Regional War, whole map is theoretically game.
  • Would require at least six participants.

2. New Continent/Island War:

• New Unsettled Lands have been found with resources. (Or possibly just resources found in unclaimed lands)
  • Participants likely given a motive to play off of, may not purely follow their own ideals, to drive settlement. 

3. Wartorn Region

• Unsettled Land Natives have broken into civil war or a leader has begun to become oppressive, et cetera. Nations line up on whatever side they so choose.
  • May require giving motives to certain sides (i.e. one side "supplies" the dictator.)

4. Just Going At it.

• Most likely to be hypothetical.
  • Two or more nations just duking it out for X goal.

Now, this would be a "realistic" war. (You can still have different species, but things like Bear Cavalry and whatnot will not be allowed.) The goal is to be at least a little serious.

• You will be expected to at least do a minor bit of research on what you're using. You shouldn't be expecting a Battleship cannon to be an effective Ship-to-Ship weapon anymore.
  • Some degree of amnesty will be not only given, but required. Some of us have a better understanding of military equipment. If you see something silly (like using a CIWS for Long-Range-Anti-Air), it is expected you will be a good sportsman and point it out.
  • God-moding and many of it's forms will be pointed out in examples in the first post. (i.e. "Ms.Cleo": Knowing where someone is without the ability; i.e. common when RPing against submarines or stealth aircraft, or someone who simply knows a thing or two about radar evasion)

Pharthan
Pharthan

Back to top Go down

The "Real" War Brainstorm Empty Re: The "Real" War Brainstorm

Post by Vizindolf August 31st 2013, 9:06 am

@Pharthan:

While I agree with most of what you have wrote above, I do have one question. Would we be able to have realistic war RP's that take place in the past, perhaps at a time when a Battleship cannon was the primary ship to ship weapon?
Vizindolf
Vizindolf
IWU Consuls
IWU Consuls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pharthan August 31st 2013, 10:02 am

Possible, but I would not likely be a participant; perhaps as a sort of Arbiter/Native Controller; I've put a lot into Pharthan, I wouldn't want to put more into alternative time-line Pharthan.
It's hard enough balancing NS and Kerbal Space Program (quite a fun and affordable game for nerds), let alone married life.
Pharthan
Pharthan

Back to top Go down

Post by Vizindolf September 4th 2013, 4:19 pm

Count me in for any type of war RP.
Vizindolf
Vizindolf
IWU Consuls
IWU Consuls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pharthan September 16th 2013, 2:40 am

Okay, so, here's the purported scenario:
Country Aurange is accused of committing war-crimes against the people of it's nation and stands accused of the following:
A) Use of Biochemical Weapons (Has not, though evidence supports this claim)
B) Use of Secret Police Death Squads (Has used; more or less allows certain parties free reign over certain contingents of the military, some of which have committed crimes/murders)
C) Infringement of Civil Rights (Freedom of Speech, et cetera.)

Rising up against them are the resistance forces in the North, calling themselves "Griene," (or known as Country Griene).
The resistance forces speak openly of desiring freedom and democracy, but have yet to show capacity for it's practice. Much of the forces have coagulated into six separate regions in the north, leading to further disassociation with many of the leaders between each other.
They are accused of the following:
A) Use of biochemical weapons (HAVE used, but only on behalf of minor terrorist factions, which are condemned by the larger majority, who have yet to rein them in for their actions)
B) Raiding villages/towns of supporters and killing politicial/military officials.
C) Disturbing the peace and committing acts of terror. (Suicide bombers have been used. The main-head of the resistance forces do not condone such acts, but have little control over the main body of their forces as they are widely spread and not well trained.)

Augmenting the Resistance Forces are a number of defected Aurange military units, to include several tank, transport, and helicopter units and the occasional small naval patrol vessel. What they lack in firepower they make up for in tenacity.

The Aurange Military has more firepower than the Griene units, but are not skilled in relation to larger countries and lack quality in their equipment (they view cleaning as a "woman's job," which causes many of their products to fall into disrepair.) They are, however, ruthless and often forgo morality for effectiveness of methods.

Sides are to be drawn up; one side takes the "righteous" path of the rebels while the other fights for sovereignty of the nation against terrorists. Neither side has to fully agree with their chosen group. (i.e. the Rebel Supporters could even fight against terrorist extremists without the Rebel Headquarters condemning them, and the Sovereignty Supporters can be basically trying to rein in the Government diplomatically.)
Whoever roleplays the forces should be quite stubborn in their positions.
Pharthan
Pharthan

Back to top Go down

Post by Qora September 23rd 2013, 3:13 pm

Sounds like a fabulous scenario there to me, Pharthan.
Qora
Qora

Location : America, Terra, System Solar, Way of the Milk Galaxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Vizindolf September 23rd 2013, 9:57 pm

I suppose that I can play as Aurange, unless someone else has a deep desire to play that part.
Vizindolf
Vizindolf
IWU Consuls
IWU Consuls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pharthan September 24th 2013, 4:51 am

Anyone want to be Griene?
Pharthan
Pharthan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kialga September 25th 2013, 7:14 am

Quick question, Pharthan. Would the GM (game master) be participating in the war?
Kialga
Kialga
Founder
Founder

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=kialga

Back to top Go down

Post by Pharthan September 25th 2013, 7:32 am

We'd have to have some sort of arbiter, I suppose, but all that is still up for discussion.
Pharthan
Pharthan

Back to top Go down

Post by Qora October 8th 2013, 5:54 pm

Hmm, after much consideration Griene sounds quite fun to be as. I have to warn you, I don't have much experience in this.
Qora
Qora

Location : America, Terra, System Solar, Way of the Milk Galaxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatito October 9th 2013, 7:48 pm

I take issue with the "Human Only" thing.
Gatito
Gatito

Back to top Go down

Post by Vizindolf October 10th 2013, 10:37 am

@Gatito: You can still use different species, just nothing like a "walrus platoon".
Vizindolf
Vizindolf
IWU Consuls
IWU Consuls

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatito October 10th 2013, 4:58 pm

@Well, then that would be banning my kitteh cavalry, as well as my bobcat barbarians.
Gatito
Gatito

Back to top Go down

Post by Pharthan October 11th 2013, 5:37 am

That's the point; it's meant to be a more realistic roleplay for people who want a roleplay that is not only fun, but a challenge.
Ergo, a kitten cavalry would essentially start as a bunch of people placing kittens on horses, only to have the kittens just running off and the horses standing there.

However, an intelligent race of felines would be possible.
For the sake of physics and squelching any "this could be possible" arguments, any non-human have to be bipedal, or capable of bipedal movement, and would have to be omnivores or carnivores. Any race capable of superhuman feats (not necessarily superman-like, but, rather, like running faster or extra strength) would be required to sleep more or consume more than a human for energy concerns. This plays into military strategy as well - such races will be required to put more of their military personnel into supply roles than combat roles, and their supply lines will be more crucial to defend. Such races will be superb at defending their home country, but may have issues with long, drawn out campaigns.
Also keep in mind the social/technological issues. I.E. Any race evolved of supreme intelligence is not likely to have made great advancements in computers - as they haven't developed a need for them until later on. If they have superhuman memory, their computers will be lower power, they likely won't have developed an information keeping-system (ergo, fewer libraries, smaller-capacity hard drives), but their lines of communication will be better. Stuff like that.
Pharthan
Pharthan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatito October 11th 2013, 11:24 am

So...you mean cats like these guys?
http://www.nationstates.net/nation=gatito/detail=factbook/id=172171
Gatito
Gatito

Back to top Go down

Post by Pharthan October 12th 2013, 1:43 am

Perhaps; simply keep in mind that the goal of this roleplay is more to be a serious, challenging roleplay and provide the fun that way, rather than silliness.
Tactics will play an important role; the roleplay is to be more than just "I shoot guns at you!"
Members will be required to actually know something about the weapons they are using.
Pharthan
Pharthan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatito October 12th 2013, 9:51 am

I have sharp claws. And teeth.
Gatito
Gatito

Back to top Go down

Post by Pharthan October 12th 2013, 10:15 am

That's all good and well, but that won't be any good against a modern military.
Pharthan
Pharthan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatito October 12th 2013, 2:33 pm

Not unless you believe in the power of friendship!
(I'm terrible at the 'serious' aspect).
Gatito
Gatito

Back to top Go down

Post by Pharthan October 12th 2013, 8:52 pm

I have no problem with the fun roleplays, but I haven't had a good large-scale strategy roleplay in quite some time, and several of us would like to have one.
Pharthan
Pharthan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum