International Western Union
You aren't logged in. For some members, you must be logged in to see special sections. Log in to view them, as this message will soon get annoying.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You aren't logged in. For some members, you must be logged in to see special sections. Log in to view them, as this message will soon get annoying.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roco's Recruitment Team

5 posters

Go down

Roco's Recruitment Team Empty Roco's Recruitment Team

Post by Rocopurr May 1st 2013, 4:40 pm

Considering we have a population crisis I'd like to help before things get any worse.

To cut to the chase, I want to make a recruitment team. This team would consist of recruiters who had to recruit a certain number (still deciding) of nations each week to get IWU up and running. Each recruiter would be assigned a feeder/ sinker region or two to recruit from so that no two nations would recruit the same person.

Before we have to get this up and running we'll need:
1. To make a recruitment message (I've got this, just give me a moment)
2. Get recruiters.
3. Start recruiting!

So please, consider joining.

Recruiters and what region they'll recruit from:
Rocopurr- The Pacific
Vizindolf- North Pacific

We have a few guidelines and such to follow:
1- The nation needs to have a unique name, not something like "PoopLand" or something. Trust me, there are plenty of those
2- They need to have a motto, national animal, and currency that aren't offensive/perverted/bad message.
3- You must recruit seven nations a week unless you have an excuse otherwise.

Recruitment Message (please edit your name into it):
Greetings!
I am [nation][/nation], the assistant recruiter and vice president of the [region]International Western Union[/region], a relatively large region of currently 126
nations. Here we are very selective of the nations we send invitations to, so obviously, by getting this telegram, you've done things right so far.
You've likely received quite a few invitation telegrams from the larger, powerhouse regions of hundreds or thousands of nations, saying "You'll have a blast here!" or "Become our supreme leader!" or "Participate in our big regional games!" Those giant regions seem to be pretty great, but in reality, they're the absolute LAST place you want to be in NationStates. Why is that?
The bad thing about those giant regions is that, being so large, each individual nation has little to no say in regional affairs and government; referenda become impractical, and most are effectively ruled by a small group of mega-powerful nations. Even worse, the awesome-looking special features they offer often require a grueling signup process to join, and many nations are not eligible anyway.
..but the big regions aren't the only bad places to be. Many smaller or medium-sized regions aren't such
great choices either. Why? Most are either too small to have a practical government or a functional system, and those that are big enough rarely have one; they are, like many huge regions, ruled by an elite group, and few hold democracy dear enough to use it for much. So how is the [region]International Western Union[/region]
different?
Well, to begin, the IWU is a very unique size: large enough for a practical and functional regional
government, yet small enough that each nation has a ready say in our region's affairs. Our administrative system is, unlike most regions, entirely democratic--everything in our government is voted on, and every nation in the region is allowed to vote. Our region is also far more developed than most regions our size; we have an amendable constitution, an extensive set of elected government officials, a judicial system, and a regional legislative body. Nations in the IWU also enjoy a wealth of easy-to-use special features,
including a website with exclusive regional information, an offsite forum, NSWiki page, "Newbie" guide, racing tournament, a brand-new association football tournament, and a regional map that your nation can be placed on through a simple telegram. Not only that--but nations in the region can also win awards, including the Rookie of the Week Award and the highly prestigious Seal of the Union Award.
If you'd like to join the IWU, first, just click this link: [region]International Western Union[/region]
Look near the center of the page, and you'll see a little gray bar that says "Move [your nation] to
International Western Union!" Click that, and you've found yourself a new home! Or, just simply click the button below! It's that simple!

If you have any questions about the IWU, feel free to contact me, [nation]Rachara[/nation], our WA delegate and secretary of recruitment [nation]GROSS Independency[/nation], our president [nation]Vizindolf[/nation], our adviser [nation]Abacathea[/nation], or our founder and chairman [nation]Kialga[/nation]. We look forward to seeing you at the IWU!

Best regards,
[nation][/nation]

My own recruitment log:

Last edited by Rocopurr on May 9th 2013, 5:10 pm; edited 4 times in total
Rocopurr
Rocopurr

Back to top Go down

Roco's Recruitment Team Empty Re: Roco's Recruitment Team

Post by Guest May 1st 2013, 8:02 pm

I like your idea. I've got a pretty good, lengthy recruitment letter already created if you would like to see/use it. GROSS and I use it all the time. It just needs to be modified for every individual that sends them out. And also, Gallup is interested in helping, so at least we have some help at the moment. I also have a requirements/guidelines thing typed up as far as recruiting goes if anyone would like to see that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocopurr May 1st 2013, 8:08 pm

May I see the guidelines?

As far as the message goes, maybe we could modify it to make it shorter? People are more likely to read something a bit short than a lengthy message.
Rocopurr
Rocopurr

Back to top Go down

Post by Kialga May 1st 2013, 8:15 pm

Transferred to the Secretary of Recruitment section because reasons. Continue discussion~
Kialga
Kialga
Founder
Founder

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=kialga

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 1st 2013, 8:26 pm

Well, these are the main guidelines:
1- The nation needs to have a unique name, not something like "PoopLand" or something. Trust me, there are plenty of those Razz
2- They need to have a motto, national animal, and currency that aren't offensive/perverted/bad message.

I have a whole lot of other information that makes life a lot easier for anyone who wants to help recruit. Such as adding the feeder regions to your dossier, clicking the recruitment letter checkbox (which is mandatory), and how to deal with responses from nations and such, if anyone needs help with that. I will post my example message after this, but of course, everyone's will need to be modified to fit themselves.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 1st 2013, 8:27 pm

Greetings!
I am [nation]Rachara[/nation], the assistant recruiter and vice president of the [region]International Western Union[/region], a relatively large region of currently 126
nations. Here we are very selective of the nations we send invitations to, so obviously, by getting this telegram, you've done things right so far.
You've likely received quite a few invitation telegrams from the larger, powerhouse regions of hundreds or thousands of nations, saying "You'll have a blast here!" or "Become our supreme leader!" or "Participate in our big regional games!" Those giant regions seem to be pretty great, but in reality, they're the absolute LAST place you want to be in NationStates. Why is that?
The bad thing about those giant regions is that, being so large, each individual nation has little to no say in regional affairs and government; referenda become impractical, and most are effectively ruled by a small group of mega-powerful nations. Even worse, the awesome-looking special features they offer often require a grueling signup process to join, and many nations are not eligible anyway.
..but the big regions aren't the only bad places to be. Many smaller or medium-sized regions aren't such
great choices either. Why? Most are either too small to have a practical government or a functional system, and those that are big enough rarely have one; they are, like many huge regions, ruled by an elite group, and few hold democracy dear enough to use it for much. So how is the [region]International Western Union[/region]
different?
Well, to begin, the IWU is a very unique size: large enough for a practical and functional regional
government, yet small enough that each nation has a ready say in our region's affairs. Our administrative system is, unlike most regions, entirely democratic--everything in our government is voted on, and every nation in the region is allowed to vote. Our region is also far more developed than most regions our size; we have an amendable constitution, an extensive set of elected government officials, a judicial system, and a regional legislative body. Nations in the IWU also enjoy a wealth of easy-to-use special features,
including a website with exclusive regional information, an offsite forum, NSWiki page, "Newbie" guide, racing tournament, a brand-new association football tournament, and a regional map that your nation can be placed on through a simple telegram. Not only that--but nations in the region can also win awards, including the Rookie of the Week Award and the highly prestigious Seal of the Union Award.
If you'd like to join the IWU, first, just click this link: [region]International Western Union[/region]
Look near the center of the page, and you'll see a little gray bar that says "Move [your nation] to
International Western Union!" Click that, and you've found yourself a new home! Or, just simply click the button below! It's that simple!

If you have any questions about the IWU, feel free to contact me, [nation]Rachara[/nation], our WA delegate and secretary of recruitment [nation]GROSS Independency[/nation], our president [nation]Vizindolf[/nation], our adviser [nation]Abacathea[/nation], or our founder and chairman [nation]Kialga[/nation]. We look forward to seeing you at the IWU!

Best regards,
[nation]Rachara[/nation]

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocopurr May 1st 2013, 8:30 pm

I like the guidelines. As someone who uses to recruit I remember serif some awful looking nations.

The message is a bit too long though. Mind if I cut it and modify it a bit?
Rocopurr
Rocopurr

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 1st 2013, 8:34 pm

I don't mind if you change it; it's not up to me, haha. I have this shorter version too, it's just a bit older. I don't personally like it as much, though. Sometimes I think nations like to know as much as they possibly can about a region before they join.

Greetings!
I am the vice president and assistant recruiter of the region [region]The International Western Union[/region], a relatively large region of currently 115 nations, and we want you to know that you have been selected to become part of our region, if you choose to. You've likely received a number of telegrams already from some of the larger, powerhouse regions, with hundreds or thousands of nations, saying "You'll have a blast here!" or "Become our supreme leader!" or "Participate in our big regional games!" Unfortunately, those powerhouse regions are the LAST place you want to be in NationStates. Why? Because they're so large that each individual nation doesn't have a ready say in regional government, and the special features of the region often require a grueling process to participate. So how's the [region]International Western Union[/region] different? Well, to begin, the IWU is a very unique size: we're large enough to have a practical and functional regional government system, yet still small enough that each individual nation has a ready say in our governmental affairs. Our administration system is entirely democratic as well, unlike most regions that appoint their leaders, who often make all the decisions for the region. Everything in the IWU, however, is voted on by the member nations. Nations in the IWU also enjoy a wealth of easy-to-use special features, including a website with exclusive regional information, an offsite forum, a NationStates Wiki page, and a regional map that your nation can be placed on with a simple telegram. Your nation can also win several awards, such as the Rookie of the Week Award or the highly prestigious Seal of the Union Award. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our WA delegate and Secretary of Recruitment, [nation]GROSS Independency[/nation], our region's founder, [nation]Kialga[/nation], our region's president, [nation]Vizindolf[/nation], or myself.

Best regards,
[nation]Rachara[/nation]

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocopurr May 1st 2013, 8:36 pm

Got to agree with you there. The best recruitment messages are a mix of information, humour, and straight to the point IMO.

I prefer the first too. Give me 24 hours and I'll tweak it a bit.
Rocopurr
Rocopurr

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardenland May 1st 2013, 8:40 pm

I will always prefer the one that recruited me. Other members might feel the same.
Aardenland
Aardenland

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 1st 2013, 8:42 pm

Sounds great!
And which one was used to recruit you, Aardenland?

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardenland May 1st 2013, 8:49 pm

Rachara wrote:Sounds great!
And which one was used to recruit you, Aardenland?

I believe it was the one you first posted. It doesn't seem to have changed much, if at all. I don't think the nations we target would mind a bit of reading (plus if they don't, they sound like the kind of members we'd want here). A good-sized telegram will at the very least leave a good impression on the target nations. I don't think we need to expand it or cut it down, at least not too much, if at all.
Aardenland
Aardenland

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 1st 2013, 8:51 pm

I agree.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vizindolf May 1st 2013, 11:49 pm

This is a great idea!
I would like to get involved but I have never recruited before and do not know how.
Is there a specific type of telegram that I would have to use? Are there regions that I would not be allowed to recruit from? Anything else I should know about recruiting aside from what is listed above before I sign up?
Vizindolf
Vizindolf
IWU Consuls
IWU Consuls

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 2nd 2013, 12:09 am

It is actually quite fun sometimes :3
Okay, if you would like to help, I'd love to explain. There /is/ a specific type of telegram you send, and the way to do that, is when you go to a nation's page you want to recruit, scroll to the bottom, and once you hit "write telegram," there will be a little + next to the nation's name. If you click that, there will be a box you can check that will make it a recruiter telegram.
Mostly we just send recruitment letters out to nations in the feeder regions (The North Pacific, The South Pacific, The East Pacific, The West Pacific, and The Pacific), but you can also recruit anyone else you'd like. NS recently changed their rules so that you are technically allowed to recruit anyone from any region, even if that region wishes you not to do so.
And just as a heads-up, sometimes, some random nation will reply to a recruiter telegram. Usually it's for two different reasons: they are going to tell you they hate you and to leave them alone (in which case, just ignore them) or they are a newbie asking for help. If so, try to help them out, or turn them over to the adviser, or someone who knows how to answer their questions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vizindolf May 2nd 2013, 12:23 am

Thanks Rachara, I will do this then.

@Rocopurr: Just assign me where you think that a newbie such as myself would be most effective. Just as a note though I will be out of town for the next week and will have limited internet access where I am going, so I may not be able to start immediately.
Vizindolf
Vizindolf
IWU Consuls
IWU Consuls

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocopurr May 2nd 2013, 8:12 am

@Viz It's fine. I won't be starting until at least another signs up anyways.
Rocopurr
Rocopurr

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocopurr May 9th 2013, 4:50 pm

Okay, it's up and running!

If you'd like you can post what nations you recruited here if it helps you keep track.
Rocopurr
Rocopurr

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenburg May 9th 2013, 9:51 pm

I guess I'll help recruit too. Get the region back in the 100 at least. It might also be a good idea to have everyone recruit in a different region, to ensure that no repeat messages are sent to people.
Fenburg
Fenburg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 9th 2013, 10:13 pm

Recruitment messages from nations in the same region will not go through more than once to the same nation trying to be recruited. So don't worry. But I urge everyone to check out the recruitment section in the FAQ section; it's really helpful. Good luck, and have fun everybody!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocopurr May 9th 2013, 11:12 pm

That's the plan, Fenburg. What region do you want?
Rocopurr
Rocopurr

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenburg May 10th 2013, 11:15 pm

Eenie meenie minie moe, I'll just pick the big one. That would be The Rejected Realms currently. Well, I'm off to see the wizard, the wundurful wizard of inviting them here.
Fenburg
Fenburg

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenburg May 10th 2013, 11:54 pm

Funfact: upon much closer inspection, the amount of people likely to accept a recruitment TG in The Rejected Realms is less than small. I only found a few nations with a population of less than a billion.
Fenburg
Fenburg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down